Friday, January 22, 2010

Broken Foot, Winter Guard & Snow Day...

So our New Years started out with me with a broken foot! We were heading out for dinner on the New Years Eve and I must of tripped on something on the back porch and I went down. I thought I had just sprained my foot so we went on to dinner (did not want Brian to get mad at me for making him skip his dinner! LOL). As we were done with dinner I could not even walk out to the car. We took the boys home and Brian and I went to the ER. I had broken it....here we are in the room waiting for the results... My broken foot....It really did not swell too much but it sure hurt!
And here I am sporting an air cast (lovely huh??)....Along with the crutches and no weight bearing it will be the first of February until I can walk on it. Luckily it comes off so I can shower and "air" it out in the evenings.
Even though my foot is broken, life in the Schuette house does not stop so last Saturday we went to Abby's first Winter Guard competiton.....Here is the team with their first place trophy (and Maddie with her first place solo trophy!).... The Team.....
Abby....doesn't see look beautiful....the lighting was hard to work with....
Throwing the flags....the audience loved it!
Abby again.....
After having 2 weeks off for Christmas, the week back the kids were given another 4 days off for their first snow day....I put them to work cleaning off the drive way for dad....
Jane....NOT enjoying the snow....Really she does not enjoy anything! I could not get outside to take photos because of my foot so I stood at the door with my camera!
Ben....love is rosy cheeks...
Gabe doing is best on the steps....
We have been trying to stay warm. I finally started taking my Christmas stuff down this week, just got the tree which I will need help with this weekend. I'll be glad to get the stuff out of the house and back to the shed!

No comments: