Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Abby and Mom go Zipping!!!

Abby and I (and Grandpa Bo) spent a week with Ronda and her family the first of August. Ronda is always coming up with cool things to do when we visit...however this time she was really "crazy". She signed us girls up to go Zip Lining!!! OK...I never do anything like this (I am a bit of a "baby"...but Abby was all for it.....Check out some of our photos from that day.

Abby and Mallory on a stop up to Horseshoe Bend.....Don't they look alot alike??
Abby, Mallory and Dalaney (Ronda's friend's daughter from Florida).....
OK....after a very rough ride up the mountain we got to our stop and got all "hooked up" to the gear.....This is me, Ronda and Mallory.....
"The Girls" ready for some fun......
This is the view from the first tree stop. I decided to go first because 1. if I did not go I probably would not and 2. because if I went first I could take some photos of everyone!!
This is the first line......I am standing in the tree above.....
Here comes Abby on her first trip.....
This time Ronda took my camera and went ahead of me....I thought I better have some photo showing I actually did this or no one (Brian) would believe me.....
I did it!!! This was line #2.....
Ronda and Mallory......
Here comes Abby again....line #2.....
She lookes cute in her helmet.....
Here comes Ronda......Line #4
Beautiful views from on top of the mountain.....
Abby in a tree waiting to go again....
Ronda and Mallory watching the "zippers"...
Abby going from tree to tree.....
Here she comes again....she is really getting good....
Back on the ground.....There were 4 tree stops and then we will be doing 2 land stops.....
Me and Abby......
This is the Wild Turkey line....it's 1700 feet long and you go all the way down this valley to the other side.....
This is my shadow on the Wild Turkey!!
See the area on top of the mountain.....that's where I started the Wild Turkey!! It was fantastic and the view was so incrediable.......This is Abby on the line now.....
Abby waiting to get "pulled in"......
This is not very clear of Abby but look at the view behind her.....
This is the Double Trouble Line (and the last one).....you get to "race" a partner and Ronda and I raced......I am in red, she in black.....
And the winner is.......ME!!! ME!!! I never beat my sister at anything!!! I was so excited....
Here we are at the end.....Abby took these photos of us...
As we were leaving there were cows everywhere and they would not leave the road....it was like they were showing us the way out!! It was really funny......
One last view of the mountains......
If you are ever in Boise, Idaho you need to try this out.....www.zipidaho.com. I still can't believe Abby and I did this but I am soooo glad we did. I will say, I have done it and probably won't do
it again.
More of our Idaho trip too come......




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

right..."never do it again"....not on my watch. i'm gonna up the game and take you down the river next time....rapids, cold water, all your favorite things!....the photos were great!

love ya sissy

Rev. Daren J. Zehnle, J.C.L., K.C.H.S. said...

You're braver than I!