Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hope Your Easter was Happy!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Easter.....We had a very nice day.

It's been a tradition the last few years that Grandma Jane would invite usually the youngest grandkids to her house on Good Friday to color eggs. This is great for me cause I hate the mess of dying eggs (and Grandma even cleans it up!) This year it was Sara, Madison, Ben, Gabe, Morgan and James. Here is some of the finished eggs......
Ben coloring his eggs......Now it's Gabe's turn..... We have always had an Easter Egg Hunt. This year I thought I could get away from not doing it. It's not that I don't like to do it it's just I did not think anyone would care......Well as the day went on that's all Ben and Gabe talked about. Not having any candy in the house to fill eggs Brian and I went to Walmart and found something. I filled the eggs (I think we have around 100) with the candy and also some loose change and took the boys outside and "hid" them. Even though they watched me "hide" them they had a good time picking them up. Some of the eggs we use every year are eggs my Mom used when she would do the annual hunt. It's kinda a special touch to know that Granny is still with us.
Ben and Gabe working together to find the eggs.....They took turns so that they each could have the same amount of eggs...
Ben spotted one in the grass!!!
Gabe going in for the pick up.......
The baskets are full....let's go see how much we got!! Ben wanted me to tell you also that he had his pockets full of eggs too!

No comments: